Made in Photoshop CS3
001. Open your photo, I used a resized picture of Miley Cyrus. Crop your picture however you want, I cropped mine to 170 x 337. If you're base is darkish, duplicate your base and set it to screen. Play with the opacity, just make sure you don't make it too bright. I left mine the way it was, just duplicated the base, went to Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen and then flatten my picture.
002. Next, duplicate your base again. Go to Filter > Other > High Pass, make sure the radius is 3.9. Keep the opacity at 100%, but change the fill opacity to 40%.
003. Make a brightness/contrast layer, Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Brightness/Contrast. Change the brightness to +36 and the contrast to +18.
004. Now, make a Selective Color layer, Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Selective Color. Put these settings:
REDS: -98, +18, -33, +22.
YELLOWS: -100, -100, +100, +100.
WHITES: 0, 0, 0, -20.
BLACKS: 0, 0, 0, +18.
005. Make a Photo Filter layer, Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Photo Filter. Make sure it's like this this.
006. Next, make a Curves Layer, Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Curves. Make sure it looks like/similar to this.
007. Finally flatten your photo, duplicate your background image, then go to Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask. Make sure it looks like this. And then you're done!C:
- You really don't need to add the last step. It doesn't do that great with icons, makes them too sharpened, but works great with larger images. I guess you could always play around with the opacity too.
Frankly, I don't even care if you don't comment when you take. I won't threaten to take away the link and make everyone comment to get it. I personally think that's just a waste of time. Credit would be nice though.
I'm also looking for affiliates. Wanna become affiliates, go here.(: